Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Swallows dive bombing the little white egrets

 These are more photos from the 6th December walk,
Sometimes the birds act very strange, like these two LITTLE WHITE EGRETS, I noticed them first with 3 GLOSSY IBIS. Then it seemed they were having a bit of a scuffle. as I got closer I saw the swallows diving in and the egrets were trying to catch them in mid air,   needless to say they never caught one,
 the offending barn swallow, is in between the two egrets.


one gave up after a few minutes and went back to the Ibis,
Even the goats turned there rump to this act of tomfoolery,
here comes the swallow,
not only I was watching this display  there was 4 spur winged plover
 and quite a few yellow wagtails

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could get photos of birds like you do. I just can't seem to get the knack of it.

    ReplyDelete